Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Kung-Fu Kobold

Welcome to the Kung Fu Kobold. I am Run, a life time gamer and DM. I am looking for a venue to voice my thoughts, ideas, and concerns with gaming, mostly but not limited to table top gaming or D&D.

My name is Ryan. But, when I write I use my alias Run, my first D&D Character a Half-Orc Barbarian. I live in the biggest small town in the midwest. I am an Iowa boy born and raised, however I would love to move out of the heartland and live a coastal lifestyle.

I have been playing D&D for over 10 years. I was first turned on to the game through my older brother. However, instead of the pen and paper version I play now, I started out on a MUD. (Multi user Dungeon,) Mud's are the grandparents of todays MMORPG. Sad to say, unlike today's graphical games like WOW and Everquest, MUD's started out as text based games. The game is named "After Hours." It is still active today, however nobody plays there anymore. The game used AD&D rules and was pretty close to the table top game, more than most MMORPG's are.

I started this blog because I have a game I run for 3 of my best friends twice a month and I always am looking for new material or information about what other DMs are doing in their games. I decided that if I am looking for these things, a blog about D&D, others must be as well.


I hope I can post some great stuff about our game, my thoughts on the game in the digital age, and anything else that comes to my mind.

Happy Blogging!

No comments: